Prior to joining Straw-Boone Doheny Banks & Mudd PLLC in January 2021, Stuart spent twenty-two years as an associate attorney with the Law Office of Grant M. Helman and its preceding associations – – Helman & Rice and Smith & Helman. While his primary emphasis there was in domestic relations and family law litigation, Stuart also practiced in the areas of criminal defense, and complex civil litigation, representing both private clients and government agencies, including the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, Department of Highways, the Kentucky Cabinet for Health Services, Department of Mental Health Mental Retardation Services, and the Department for Medicaid Services. Stuart also placed second in three-person race for Jefferson Circuit/Family Court Judge in 2014.
With a passion for written advocacy and legal research, Stuart has joined Straw-Boone Doheny Banks & Mudd PLLC to help your attorneys here provide the best work-product possible, while freeing primary counsel to provide even more direct personal service and allow them to focus their attention on each client’s individual needs.
- Divorce/Domestic Relations
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Dependency Neglect Abuse
- Kentucky Bar, 1998
- United States District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- University of Louisville, Louis D. Brandeis School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1998
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, B.A., cum laude, 1992